LTP News Sharing:
Harriet Holman. A Veteran. A Conservative. Photo: Walking with Her Husband
Harriet Holman grew up in Alabama and proudly served in the United States Army for more than 30 years retiring as a lieutenant colonel.
After retiring, she and her husband relocated to Dorchester County where they have made their home for more than a decade.
Harriet was elected to Dorchester County Council in 2018 after the passing of long-time District 1 Councilman Willie Davis.
Harriet has focused her service on improving getting veterans the benefits they deserve, making our roads safer, and improving public safety to protect all citizens.
My faith, family values, and love of country have guided my life and my service to you as a member of County Council.
It is my love of America that inspired me to serve my country in the United States Army, where I retired as a Lt. Colonel.
It was my belief growing up in Alabama that taught me anyone can be successful through hard work and perseverance.
My faith is what got me through my most two difficult days:
- Reuniting families with their loved ones at the Pentagon following the terrorist attacks on 9/11
- And losing my son and our historic home in a tragic fire
I have never been political and through my time in the military, I did not give my party affiliation much thought.
So, when I ran for County Council after the passing of Willie Davis, I did not give it much thought as to what party to run in. I ran as a Democrat because that is what you were supposed to do.
However, as I started thinking about who Harriet Holman is, it became apparent I am not a Democrat.
I believe that for families to succeed, we need opportunity.
I am pro-life.
I believe in capitalism.
I believe in funding the police and safe neighborhoods.
Nationally, the Democratic Party does not represent who I am.
It is for this reason that I am proud to announce on this day Feb 21, 2022, I am running for reelection to Dorchester County Council as a Republican.
This does not change who I am at all. I am still the same Harriet Holman.
As your county councilwoman I have worked to improve public safety:
- This has been accomplished by working with our sheriff to ensure his agency is fully funded, and his deputies are given the manpower, training, and tools to keep our country safe.
- I have worked with our fire department on a comprehensive plan which has included the renovation and new construction of numerous fire stations in district one.
- In fact, Dorchester County Fire Rescue has grown by more than 150% and district one is better protected than EVER BEFORE.
- I have worked with our EMS director to ensure his department has all the tools to literally save our citizens lives.
The results speak for themselves.
But even with these accomplishments there is still more work to be done:
As your county councilwoman I will continue to advocate for low taxes that will encourage more business recruitment.
- I will work to make our roads better and safer.
- I will work to protect ‘God’s Country’ from over development and ensure we are preserving land for generations.
- I will continue to be a voice for veterans, and advance opportunities for those who have served our country
As I have done in the past, I will continue in the future to always listen to my constituents and be your voice..
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.
Author: Frances Rice